Tuesday, March 29, 2011

visit to school

Visit to school

 I studied in A.RK.Z.P.High school  in Gollapalli , near Nuzvid in Krishna district in Andhra Pradesh from 6th class ( we used to call first form) eleventh class ( we used to call S.S.L.C.) 1959 TO 1965. To see  and remember my friends and the school studied I made trip that village on 16th  March after 45 years of leaving the school. From Hyderabad  I traveled by bus (most of Andhra people prefer to travel in state) and reached the Nuzvid a town nearby to Gollapalli and reached by 15th evening. I stayed in a lodge and had nice sleep in hotel that night.

In the morning I got ready myself by 6 A.M. after completing break fast  in hotel and started by bus to Gollapalli which is 12 km from Nuzvid . I enjoyed traveling bus and recollecting the memories in those school days and  number of our school mates used to walk to school from surrounding villages. I reached Gollapalli at 7 A.M. on 16th morning.

First I made visit to my friend house  Srinivasa Rao retired from bank and settled in the village . But recognize me he took 2 minutes. We have remembered the days we used to visit mango fields for plucking mangoes and eating ’ Thati Moanjalu “ . After that we used to swim in Ramaleru river . I was afraid of swimming. Srinivasa rao and my other friend Prasad used to take me into the river Ramaleru we used to enjoy swimming.

Srnivasa rao inquired about my grand mother I told that she passed away in 30 years back. We got memories of our my grand mother  who was very strict  on my studies and never used to allow me to go any where. In those days My grand mother used  to force me to study up to 9 P.M. in night and I was forced to get up at early morning 4 A.M. to read lessons taught in the class on that  day. What I am today was  it is because of her and my parents  . While my grand father  was little liberal and giving freedom for playing.

Recollecting memories I left srinivasa rao house after much  and  searched MS. Shanta  who was my class mate  in S.S.L.C. she living with her daughter as her husband died some time back. She recently constructed her new house . She invited me inside her house. We recollected  memories of our school days.  MS. Shanta enquired about some of our colleagues who have settled in Hyderabad . I informed her that I am unaware of any our class mates settled in Hyderabad . After having tea I left her house even though she requested me to have lunch in her house. I visited Raghunatha Swami temple. I recollected my memories of that temple in those days I used break coconut to deity whenever there are exams in the school  to get good marks. Beside this temple there is a new Siva deity temple which constructed recently. I prayed for minute in that  temple. Immediately after coming out of temple I paid visit to the house  our beloved teacher MR. Raghunatha acharyulu  who expired some time back. I had few minutes discussion with his daughter and son.

Then I proceeded to school. The school is one kilometer from village . The first batch of S.S.L.C. left as old as in 1950. My paternal uncle P. Laksminarayana  completed his S.S.L.C. in 1950. Whereas I completed my S.S.L.C. in 1965. My sister sarada Devi  who was studying our same school left Gollapalli in between as secondary school was started in our native place. My sister sarada Devi helped me to adjust loneliness in that remote village in those days .  I used to jump the compound wall of  our house situated and used to go to school. Now there are two new buildings to school in addition original old school building. I visited all class rooms and recollected sweet memories of my school teachers and class mates. Now school is not a good it was in 1965. In those days I used to write every day news on notice board with chalk piece as per instructions of our head master.  In those days our head master was R. Satyanarayana and Sitapathi rao in my last days of school leaving. Now at present head master is Mr. Johnson .  The head master informed me one student was selected in III T at Nuzvid last year. The head master requested me to donate some money for purchasing the cricket bats for 10th class children. I told I will get back to him . I saw the play ground where I learn t cycling . The play ground still as it is there I recollected my winning three legged race event and playing basket ball. In addition I used to play caroms. There used to be mango trees which were giving shades to school children are not there now. I was not first in class but I used to come second and third in all subjects. They used to be brisk activities were going on the ground while our school days but now children not showing the interest or may be   lack of motivation from school authorities. Head master room is same room same as last 45 years back. Years passed there is are no better amenities in school environment now .  They should planted some trees at corners of ground. I found there are not many benches for sitting school.  I found some children sitting in the class room and studying. 

I left the school with sweet memories my school days in that school while  thinking what way I can help to that school. I visited  Ravi and Prasad houses situated adjacent school they were employed in private companies in Vijayawada and prematurely retired. I spent one hour in their houses . By that time it is 3 p.m. From  there I boarded bus and reached Hanuman junction .  I had my lunch there and reached back to Nuzvid  by 5.p.m. I boarded bus for Hyderabad and reached 17th morning . I wish if there is any rebirth I want to be the student of that school again.

If any student of our school there in Hyderabad  kindly contact me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

what happen my readers vanished. i have email address have you posted my blog to them .pl help me .

p.m.babu rao

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home